30 October 2018 (Tuesday)
10am-12nn (9:30am registration)
MWM Wine School
Unit 1524, 15/F, 41 Heung Yip Road, Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
MTR Exit B, 5-min Walk
(See Google Map here)
Matt Dellar MW
40 Pax *Limited seats.
Registration on first-come, first-served basis
Sales representatives, brand managers, buyers, and media
email to firstname.lastname@example.org / or fill in the form here
WineSPIT member Complimentary | Non member HK$400
(Contact us if you are interested to join/renew WineSPIT membership)
Workshop Content Preview
- Know Napa wines: Bordeaux’s varietal framework vs Burgundy’s terroir concept?
- Examining the diversity of geology, mesoclimate and topography in the terroir of 7 of Napa AVAs.
- What are the farming decisions in those vineyards, and how much influence can the winemaker have? Issues when dealing with growers?
- Taste wines with specificity of flavour, character, style, texture and structure that comes from Napa’s particular terroir.
- How to sell the virtues of site-specific identity?
- Chicken & egg situation: how to brand a new single vineyard if not buying grapes from famous vineyards? Is it easy?
- How to identify, differentiate, explain, market and sell the uniqueness of wines from individual terroirs
- The market value of Napa’s terroir and single vineyard: what is the impact on the cost and price?
- 2014 TOR Grenache Palisades Vineyard Napa Valley
- 2014 TOR Syrah La Herradura Vineyard Napa Valley
- 2015 TOR Petite Sirah Palisades Vineyard Old Vines Napa Valley
- 2015 Cobblestone Vineyards Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Atlas Peak AVA
- 2015 Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Fay Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
- 2015 TOR Tierra Roja Vineyard Oakville Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2015 TOR Oakville Hillside Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2015 TOR Herb Lamb Vineyard Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
Matt became Master of Wine in 2016, and is currently the Chief Operating Officer for TOR Wines Napa Valley. Previously Matt was Chief Wine Officer for Wine Access, and prior to that he was at Constellation Brands for five years, most recently as Director of Fine Wine Development for Constellation Brands, developing the sales strategy for Robert Mondavi Winery, The Prisoner Wine Company, Mount Veeder Winery and Ruffino Estates.
He judges international wine competitions such as Decanter World Wine Awards, TEXSOM International Wine Competition and the Sydney International Top 100 Wine Awards. He is an Instructor on the faculty of the Napa Valley Wine Academy, an expert panelist at several international wine events and writes for various wine publications.
Workshop supported by