Why IWS Prep Course?
- Acquire fundamental Italian wine knowledge in just 8 hours
- Refine your tasting skills
- Master the essential grapes and appellations of Italy’s major wine regions
- Navigate the seemingly complicated Italian wine classification system
- Be perfectly poised to continue your studies with the prestigious Italian Wine Scholar (IWS) certification program
IWS Prep is your passport to understanding Italian wine. It also acts as a stepping-stone to the internationally acclaimed Italian Wine Scholar certification program. The course provides an introduction to Italy, explores its key wine regions and delivers core information on 39 of the country’s need-to-know wines. As a foundation course, IWS Prep remains accessible but is content-rich and full of cultural highlights that are as engaging as they are entertaining.
Who Should Attend?
- ALL ITALIAN WINE LOVERS – anyone wishing to become more knowledgeable about Italy, and its wine and food culture
- Inquisitive wine enthusiasts wanting to become more familiar with the intricacies of Italian wine
- Aspiring wine professionals
- Hospitality professionals new to the world of Italian wine
The desire for beautiful wines of Italy!
What does the program cover?
- 39 of the most well-known appellations, among which 32 are covered in significant details. 7 “detour” appellations included to round out the curriculum.
- Grape varieties, wine profiles and labelling terms
- Regional and cultural context of the wines for tasting
- Local landmarks and traditional cuisines of the regions
Get a IWS Prep Certificate!
You can sit in an exam with only 50 multiple-choice questions. Passing students will be awarded the IWS Prep Certificate. The passing score is 60%.